It’s Friday, you made it! You might feel like winter is back (yes, it is June already!) but we have spotted a couple of fun things you might want to do at the weekend to make the most of your London life. Plus, some of them are free so no more excuses! From the first Hello Kitty pop up cafe to the Vans x Nintendo exhibition, you’ll definitely find something you can then brag about on Monday morning.
- Late night at Tate Britain – This Friday, the Tate is opened until 10pm. A chance for all the curious to enjoy the gallery after hours. It’s free to get in and you’ll be able to explore the gallery’s extensive collection, have a drink and a bite to eat. In a chilled atmosphere you’ll be able to attend performances as well as take part in hands on activities.
- London Bridge City Summer Festival – Head to London Bridge for the capital’s largest free festival. From June 1st to October 31st, the festival presents live theatre and music performances, outdoor cinema screenings, dance classes and big screen showings of this summer’s sporting events. Make sure you don’t miss out!
- Hello Kitty pop up cafe – Fans of the Japanese cartoon, get ready for this! Europe’s first ever Hello Kitty cafe is coming to London. Opening on June 1st, you’ll be able to enjoy a kawaii afternoon tea at the heart of Soho. For three months, Cutter & Squidge’s basement will be turned into a Hello Kitty paradise. On the menu are Kitty’s Mud Pie Chocolate Dream Cake and Mama’s Homemade Apple Pie Biskies.
- Quick Light by Alex Katz – Famous New York painter Alex Quatz is back in London with a selection of portraits and landscapes from the past two decades. Artsy Londonders make sure to check out his signature works at the Serpentine Gallery (Kensington) before September 11th as it is said to be a summer’s highlight. Admission is free.
- Little Feast – To all the foodies out there: Little Feast is returning to Sheperds Bush Market on June 1st and for the whole summer! This year the Yard will be transformed into an English walled garden where the finest street food vendors (such as Cheeky Burger and Nanny Bills) will be cooking an eclectic range of recipes. One word, yum!
- Vans X Nintendo Interactive Exhibition – Yesterday (June 2nd), House of Vans marked the launch of the forthcoming Vans X Nintendo collection with a retrospective exhibition featuring; playable Nintendo vintage consoles, old school memorabilia and big screen tournaments. The gallery is filled with Nintendo consoles from each generation for you to play with. You can bring your non gamer friends along as they’ve got a carnival game to play IRL!
Don’t say you have no plans, browse these events and I’m sure you’ll find something to your taste. You are all set for a weekend of fun – despite the possible wet weather!
Want to kickstart your London career?
Written by: Pauline Zoch